Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Loaded Pork Chops


When I awoke from my afternoon slumber, I was trying to decide what to make for dinner. My husband set out pork chops from the freezer earlier today, so I was trying to think of a meal to go with pork chops. After looking through the pantry, the fridge and the freezer, they finally spoke to me... 


You know the commercial with the Beggin' Strips, where the dogs are running around the house screaming BACON!!!! Well, that's exactly how my husband reacts to bacon!! But, who doesn't love bacon? So, I decided to use the cooked bacon (frozen from a previous breakfast) and make loaded pork chops, creamy garlic grits, sweet carrots and salad (for those salad eaters).  


The pork chops are super easy, and delicious!! Here's the recipe:


2Pork chops
4strips of bacon (cooked and chopped into small pieces)
2Tbsp. oil (or enough to lightly cover the bottom of the pan)
1/4 Cshredded cheese (I used cheddar, but anything will do)
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Onion powder
When I pan sear my pork chops, I always like to tenderize them, especially if they are thick. There is nothing worse than meat you can’t chew.
Tenderize pork in a plastic bag, this helps prevent splatter all over your kitchen and counter tops. I also tenderize on top of a cutting board, the husband would not appreciate the tenderizer on the granite. Then, I bang away.


When the pork is tenderized, take it out of the bag and pat it dry on both sides (you get a better sear if the meat is dry). Then, season both sides with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
Turn your pan on medium to high heat. Let the oil heat up a few minutes. 
Put the pork chops in the pan and let cook for around 2 minutes, or until the pork has a nice golden brown color. Let it cook on the other side for the same amount of time. Turn the burner on low and let the pork chops finish cooking (About 15-20 minutes). 

Put the bacon and cheese on top of the seared pork chops, let the cheese melt. turn off burner and let pork chops rest (about 5 minutes) before eating them.



No comments:

Post a Comment