Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mini Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Icing



For Mother's Day, I was going to take my mom to brunch.  However, like usual, I procrastinated and I was too late.  I called about 10 different places to get reservations and they were all booked.  So I decided to make brunch at my house.  The menu included mini bacon and cheese quiches, buttermilk pancakes with raspberry syrup fresh fruit, mini cinnamon rolls and of course, lots of delicious bacon!

On my search for breakfast/brunch recipes, I came across a similar recipe to this on the Pillsbury website, Mini Cinnamon Crescents.  Then, I saw another recipe on a food blog called Itty Bitty Cinnamon Roll Bites.  So I decided to combine and adapt the recipes.  

 Here is what you will need:
1can Pillsbury “Simply” refrigerated biscuits, 10 count
5tablespoons softened butter
 3 tbsp packed light brown sugar
3tbsp sugar
2teaspoons Cinnamon

For the Icing 
1tablespoons heavy cream
1tablespoons pure maple syrup
2oz cream cheese, softened
½ to 1cup powdered sugar (to taste)

Turn oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; if you don’t have any you can just spray pan with non-stick oil. Unroll biscuits onto a clean countertop and press out with fingers to about 3 inches wide.











Spread each biscuit with butter, I used a pastry brush. 
Then combine cinnamon and sugars in bowl and mix well. Using a spoon, put mixture on top of the butter.

Starting at the bottom of each round, roll up biscuit. End with the seam of the biscuit side down on countertop.
Using a sharp knife and cut ½ inch slices and place onto prepared baking sheet. I cut 4-6 slices per biscuit. Then place rolls on baking sheet with parchment paper.  You don't have to use parchment paper, but your pan will be easier to clean up if you do.   


Bake for 16 to 20 minutes, until light brown and cooked through. Remove from oven.

While rolls are cooking, make the icing. 
Place cream cheese in bowl and mix with powdered sugar, heavy cream and maple syrup. If it’s not sweet enough, add more powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.
Drizzle the rolls with the icing.  
This recipe was very easy and they turned out great!! The icing was amazing and would be good on anything.  I will definitely make these again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment