Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Maple Pecan and Bacon Pork Chops

This is one of my new favorite, no fail recipes.  This usually takes me 20-30 minutes to cook and it is super simple, not to mention delicious! I got the idea for this recipe from a local restaurant, Michael Fusco's Riverside Grill.  They have a butter pecan pork chop that is amazing! In my attempt to recreate this, I deviated and went in my own direction and added bacon. As we all know bacon makes everything better!


Here is what you will need...

2Pork chops
8strips of bacon (cooked and chopped into small pieces)
2Tbsp. oil (or enough to lightly cover the bottom of the pan)
1/4cup Maple Syrup
1/3cup chopped pecans
Salt
Pepper



When I pan sear my pork chops, I always like to tenderize them, especially if they are thick. Tenderize pork chops, then, season both sides with salt and pepper.
Turn your pan on medium to high heat. Let the oil heat up a few minutes. Put the pork chops in the pan and let cook for around 2 minutes, or until the pork has good sear. 

Let it cook on the other side for the same amount of time. Put a lid on and turn the burner on low, let the pork chops keep cooking.
While pork chops finish cooking, put the bacon and pecans in a small saute pan and let them heat up (low-medium heat).
 






Pour in the syrup. Let mixture heat up while stirring continually (2-3 minutes). Your syrup will reduce a little.
If you keep cooking, your syrup will caramelize, which you don’t want. Pour syrup mixture over the pork chops and let them soak up the goodness! When your pork chops are done (at least 145 degrees or no pink in the center) turn off burner and let rest for 5-10 minutes. I served the pork chops with sweet potato gnocci.  

You should really try this recipe, you won't be sorry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment