Monday, September 26, 2011

Pumpkin Bread Pudding

Someone likes to sit in his stroller, in the kitchen while I cook and watch me, it's more like a portable recliner than a stroller...


Well, now that it is officially Fall, I had to celebrate with Pumpkin Bread Pudding!! If you like pumpkin, your taste buds are about to go on the adventure of a lifetime! Pumpkin Bread Pudding is one of my top 5 favorite desserts of all time!!  This is the dish I normally take to Thanksgiving.  


I had it a couple of times and I loved it! So I went to Google, and searched away.  Since then, I have come up with a pretty great recipe.  Here is what you will need:
                      For the Bread Pudding:


1cup cream
½cup whole milk
¾cup canned pure pumpkin
¼cup (packed) brown sugar
¼cup white sugar
2large eggs
¼teaspoon salt
teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
½teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼teaspoon ginger
½teaspoon vanilla extract
5cups bread (rolls or french is best) bread needs to sit out and dry out or put in the oven until it has dried out.
¾stick unsalted butter

For the Caramel sauce:
cups (packed) dark brown sugar
½cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
½cup whipping cream
For bread pudding:
Chop or tear bread into small pieces. 


Preheat oven to 350°F. Whisk half and half, pumpkin, sugar,brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, ginger and vanilla extract in large bowl to blend.
Melt butter and toss bread. Fold bread cubes in pumpkin mixture. Spray pan with oil and transfer mixture to 11×7-inch glass baking dish or sometimes I use a white oval dish. Let stand 15 minutes.
Bake pumpkin bread pudding until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 30-40 minutes (I don't like it gooey, if you do, cook it for less time).
Meanwhile, prepare caramel sauce:
Whisk brown sugar and butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Whisk in cream and stir until sugar dissolves and sauce is smooth, about 3 minutes.

Sometimes, I prepare the milk, egg and pumpkin mixture the night before and put in the refrigerator. It helps cut the time down.  


I like to drizzle the caramel sauce on the individual plates.  



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE his stroller!! SO cute!! He looks so sweet just hangin out with Mom!

    ReplyDelete