Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tacky Peppermint Ice Cream

This year was the third year the Holly Jolly Gooches have had a tacky party.  This was definitely the best year yet!
1st year


This was the second year. Yes, my belly is painted.  Kent actually wears these clothes during the holiday season, just not quite together. 


This year I was the lamp from The Christmas Story.  
This year there were awards for the most tacky as well as the best holiday dish.  There were various Christmas themed door prizes which were mostly food related, of course.  I made a few different things for the party, one of which was Peppermint chocolate chip ice cream, inspired with our latest obsession, the peppermint chocolate chip milkshake from Chick-fil-a.  I wanted an easy recipe, so I immediately thought of Eagle Brand.  I have used a few eagle brand ice cream recipes before and you can't go wrong!

Here is what you will need:


1 1/4 cups water
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups  cream
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped chocolate chips

Combine ingredients into ice cream freezer container. Turn ice cream maker on until frozen or until desired consistency. 

I had not made ice cream in a while in my maker, i put all the ingredients in, then the attachment and it was already too frozen to turn the mixture.  So I poured the liquid into a large container and put it in the freezer overnight.  When I got up, the mixture was not quite frozen all the way so I stirred it up.  Surprisingly, it still turned out great. 


Here are some more festive pictures from the night!

Jeremy, Amanda and Boo
Rowyn, Talan and Cruz


Stapleton and his grandma Peggy








Bear Gooch in his penguin sweater
Charlie, Nichole, Stapleton , Tara and Ryan
Jeff and Amy (Jeff was the tacky winner, his tie was something!) 


Travis and Linsey


Adam and Meagan
Stapleton and his grandpa




Ismael and Gennifer


Lindy and Ann (Ann was the food winner, her chocolate chips cookies vanished in seconds!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment