Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Mary Poppins Baby Shower and A "Sweet" Nursery


Well, it has once again been forever since I last posted anything.  Unfortunately there is no recipe on this post, between being tired, other projects and now having two kids, I have not been cooking much.  I am hoping things will get back to normal in a few months.  


My friends Meagan and Jordan threw me an amazing baby shower.   It was just darling, it was Mary Poppins themed.





Of course, the food and decorations were AMAZING!



Mimosa Muffins...Very good!










Cake Balls on Spoons, so creative!!
These were delicious!!
Sidewalk chalk as favors, such a cute idea!




I am very blessed to have such great friends, especially ones that are great cooks!!


We  finally finished the nursery, just in time for the arrival of Larken.  I came up with the idea of doing a vintage sweets theme.  When I looked it up online, I couldn't find anything... so I had to get a little creative.  I tried to use stuff we already had, I also used a lot of Hobby Lobby and Michael's coupons. 


We painted two of the walls Tiffany Blue. I sheen striped it, so every other stripe is gloss and then satin.
I made this poster on uprinting.com. After much debate, we decided Larken's middle name would be Adeline.  Kent's grandmother had the song Sweet Adeline in an old songbook, I thought it was sweet.   


Chalkboard cookie sheets , I'm still trying to come up with a  better headband holder.
Hair bow holder, we outgrew it already...
Simple Simon and Pat-a-cake
Canvas, scrapbook paper and Distress Ink (to give it an antiqued look)



My dad made the rolling pin shelf and I painted it.  I also made the apron from scrap material, the tray and pie molds were antique store finds.


I found the idea for the chalkboard lamp on the Hobby Lobby website.  The "shelf" is an old orange crate from Kent's family's groves in Florida. The doll was my mother's when she was little, my great-grandmother made it for her.  



We found this a couple of years ago in a Monterrey Bay gift shop and I loved it!  I got all of the frames at Hobby Lobby (every other week they are half off) painted them with acrylic craft paint (mixed with water) and distressed them with the Distress Ink. 
close-up
My mother made the curtains (they started off as King size sheets). 

I am biased, but I think it came together quite nicely.  



Larken made her debut on July 15, weighing 7 lbs 13oz and 19.5 inches long.  We are so blessed to have a healthy baby girl.   She is doing great, even letting me sleep a little at night!


1 comment:

  1. Laken I love the nursery and of course that last picture of sweet little Larken! You did such a great job! The theme is so you and so cute. Tara was telling me how awesome it looks. Any ideas on what I can do to display these vintage maps I got at an estate sale? You are the queen of creativity.

    ReplyDelete