Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Bike Parade and Cookies for Cookie Monster


This year for halloween, Stapleton was Cookie Monster and Larken was a cookie.  Thanks to my mother, for helping make the costumes!! 

Sesame Street is the only thing on television that Stapleton will actually watch, so I knew I was going to make him Cookie Monster... Larken was almost Oscar the Grouch (she has the same personality as Oscar), but instead, she was a sweet little innocent cookie.  








We live in a wonderful neighborhood, and got invited to participate in the halloween bike parade. Since neither of our kids can ride a bike, I decorated a wagon instead.  It was the "Sesame Street Cookie Mobile".   The laundry may or may not be piled up to the ceiling, but we had a fabulously decorated wagon! 









"Where Sunny Days Chase the Clouds Away"

Bat Girl (Isabella) and Cookie Monster (notice Batman in the background, excited to see cookie monster)
Right after the above picture.  Stapleton made a friend, both very intrigued by the other, I am sure because Stapleton had no clue what or who Batman was.  


Our awesome neighbors had hotdogs, games, sweets, a piñata, (and most importantly, cookies) for all the kids.  
Yes, that is a cookie he is eating, crumbs and all.   In the other hand was his hot dog. 



They even contacted the fire department and the fire truck led the bike parade through the neighborhood.   

Fist bumping


Stapleton loved trick or treating.  He is quite the people person, even tried going into a few of their houses.  Larken slept in the stroller most of the time.  

Cookies...

While I was going to NSU, I met my friend Resa.  I would always go to her house for lunch or in between classes to waste time.  She is a great friend, I don't get to see her much (she lives in TX, and soon to be NY) but we text back and forth all the time (we have a lot in common).  Her two kids are about the same age as mine, Larken and her youngest are a day apart.  Never when I met her did I think she would become one of my closest friends.  She gave me her "life changing" chocolate chip cookie recipe.  With her permission, I will share it with you...

Ingredients:


2 sticks butter, softened (room temp)
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
2 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (I usually add a little more, I love vanilla)
2 1/4 c flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 package milk chocolate chips

Directions:

Mix butter, sugar, brown sugar, pudding (just the powder), eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla until light and fluffy. 
Add flour (slowly), baking soda
Mix in chocolate chips (folding them into the batter)
Bake at 375 for 8-10 min (depends on how big you make them... every oven is different - I usually left them in for 12 minutes with my oven)

Kitchen Aid Mixer Instructions....
1. Place sugars, pudding (powder), cinnamon, butter, eggs, and vanilla in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and FLAT beater to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl. Turn to Speed 4 and beat about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape bowl.

2. Turn to stir speed. Gradually add baking soda, and flour to sugar mixture and mix about 2 minutes. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 30 seconds. Stop mixer and scrape bowl. Add chocolate chips. Turn to Stir Speed and mix about 15 seconds. (May still need to fold chocolate chips to make batter even with chocolate but no need to over fold)

3. Drop teaspoonful balls of batter onto greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 for 8-12 minutes. Remove from baking sheets immediately and cool on wire racks.



So I am sure you are asking yourself if it really is a "life changing" recipe...only one way to find out... :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment